Wednesday, November 23, 2011

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

I just wanted to share this cute project I made today with my nephew Alec and my niece Felicia ~ edible acorns. Since it does not involve baking or mixing ingredients I thought it would be 'mess-free' ~ not so much. I learned that this 10 year old LOVES chocolate frosting more than me ~ it was everywhere. We made some for their house, their grandmothers, a neighbor across the street and a neighbor across town. The acorns are made from Hershey kisses, Keebler mini fudge stripe cookies, held together with chocolate frosting with a mini pretzel stick stuck in the hole on the top of the cookie. YUM.  I made these cute easel cards to go with them. (The pattern on the card is from the 'thanksgiving' set from Designs on Cloud 9. ) Another great hostess gift that I can't wait to give out :) Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. I am inspired by your blog and your creativeness!!!
    Hugs, Love, and Pixie Dust
    Lynne
    Her Craftiness
    http://slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete