Tuesday, July 8, 2014

A NON-PAPER PROJECT

Hi Folks, I want to share with you a quick and super easy non-paper project that I did today. My objective was to take some stuffed animal friends out of an adorable little boy's bed so he could have more room to actually fit. Yes, he sleeps with 82 friends at night. Here is a picture to prove it.
Now, I don't mind making his bed and having to put all these guys back. I actually have had fun with them. Sometimes, I have put them all back with them facing the wall as if they were in 'time out'. Just last month, I arranged them all with party hats to celebrate his birthday.
But he is getting taller and running out of room, so I thought I should try and make a hammock or two.
Here is my short list of supplies...I went to Joann fabrics and got some camo netting, some army green bias tape and some plastic rings.
I cut the fabric into a large triangle shape. Then finished the edges with the bias tape, by sewing a straight edge with my sewing machine.. I then added a ring to each corner by attaching them with some bias tape. I did NOT measure anything. I did not use a pattern. I just threw it all together. It took me exactly 12 minutes from start to finish. Then I just hung each ring with a thumb tac in a corner of his room. 
Now, It is not big enough for all 82 but certainly made a dent. I think I will make two more (for two other corners in his room). That should give him plenty enough room to fit in his bed. Thanks for looking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment