Saturday, November 25, 2017

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Hello everyone. I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving. Since I am in line at a store about 200 deep on Black Friday, I thought I would share a cute foodie/craft from yesterday. I asked my mom what she wanted me to do for thanksgiving and she said ‘make cookies’. Ugh. So I took full advantage of the situation and made my first batch of sugar cookies with icing.

How adorable are these pumpkin pie cookies? I started out with a four inch circle to use as a template. Then I tried to cut eight uniformed ‘slices’.



I baked them and they came out in different sizes. I need to work on that.


Then I made up the icing which was the most difficult part. You need a firm batch for the cookie outline. Then you need a ‘not so’ firm icing batch to flood the space between the outlines. Then you need a batch of white (whipped cream), light brown (pie crust) and of course orange (for pumpkin filling).


They tasted like vanilla and not like pumpkin which I think the kids actually liked. And boy they were so good and soft. I can’t wait to try again with Christmas cookies. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment