Wednesday, November 14, 2018

UNITY SAND CEREMONY


Hi everyone. I wanted to share a project I made for my brother's recent wedding. As part of the special day, they did a 'unity sand ceremony' to signify the blending of two beautiful families. First I cut the vinyl on my machine for both the glass block as well as all the individual jars.


Next I applied the etching cream to the glass.


It is tough to see on this photo without it filled with sand, but I love how it came out.


Here is a photo of the completed individual jars. Before the ceremony, they were filled with the color of sand that matches their birthstone.


Here are some great photos I took during the ceremony. I wish I had a better angle to show each family member filling the main glass block.












Here is the finish product on display...



No comments:

Post a Comment