Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A DAY OF REMEMBERANCE

SEPTEMBER 11TH ~ Today is a day of rememberance. Today is a day that ALL Americans have a heavy mind as well as a heart of sadness. It was 11 years ago today that the worse attack on American soil took place. I am sure we all remember where we were when we heard the news. I live not far from Logan Airport in Boston where US flights 175 and 11 took off from. In my neck of the woods, someone knew or worked with someone who was directly effected by these events. In a cemetery just 5 miles from my house is a woman buried who was on flight 175. She was traveling to Hawaii with her boyfriend. I think of her so often throughout the year, especially during this past Olympics ~ they both traveled to the Sydney Olympics together. It is for her (and her family) that I made this floral pick. I want her as well as everyone who drives by her plot and sees it to know that I will never forget.
This is the front of the pick. The pattern is from My Scrap Chick. (Here is the link if anyone wants to download it for free.
Here is the back of the pick. I put her name at the top and then made a gorgeous paper corner punch flower just below ~ red, white and blue of course. RIP Lynn Goodchild.

No comments:

Post a Comment