Friday, January 6, 2012

FABULOUS FLOWER FRIDAYS

Hello everyone, welcome to the first Friday of the new year. It seems winter has also arrived in Massachusetts. I am a huge outside runner, so I am NOT a fan of the cold. (I actually woke up this morning with my first cold of the season that I think I got on my run two days ago ~ it is tough to plan a 6 mile run in 25 degree temps.) I have decided to start a series called 'Fabulous Flower Fridays' in hopes of making the winter days go a little quicker and have something great to look forward to in the up coming weeks.

I have decided to start with the poinsettia. Now, some of you might not think of this as a flower but I totally disagree. I am one who keeps my poinsettia plants year round. (I don't believe that you should get rid of a living object just because it is out of season.) But I always forget to put the plants in a dark room or closet in the fall to insure the red blooms ~ so yes, all my poinsettias are green. Here are all the pieces.
And here it is all put together. I love how this came out, but next time I will do the center with yellow circles. A big thank you to SVG cuts for the pattern. Stay tuned for more amazing 3D paper flowers to come on Fridays :)

No comments:

Post a Comment