Saturday, January 21, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY GODFATHER

Hello, I want to share with you today a tri-fold birthday card I made last weekend for my Godfather. He is a HUGE New England Patriots fan, and has had season tickets forever. Unfortunately for him, he and his wife were away on a cruise. Lucky for me, I got the tickets to the playoff game Pats vs Denver. I decided to make a card ahead of time, bring it to the game and have the regular season ticket holders (that surround his seats) sign it. How cool huh? I told each person that they did not have to sign their name but they could sign their seat number and row instead. (How often does a guy get to sign something 'row 24, seat 10'??)
The first picture is of what it looks like open. The second is a better shot of all the detail when the card is flat. The front of the card features the 'football game' pattern set from Designs on Cloud 9.
The third picture is of the back of the card when it is standing up. Then the last picture is of the card laying flat to show more of the details. I used the 'football kids' pattern set for this side also from Designs on Cloud 9. I just LOVE how this came out. I know he will too!

4 comments:

  1. Very, very cute and what a clever idea for the signatures. I'm sure it's something that will hold a lot of meaning for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joanna! Welcome to my blog:) Thanks so much for the comment (I love getting feedback ~ it inspires me). I had so much fun doing this for him. I am not sure if you watched the game or not, but it was COLD. I felt awful asking people to take their gloves & mittens off to sign it, but it was worth it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uncle Arthur is going to flip over this card!
    Great idea and great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sew Bee It. I might just have to make another one just like this for my niece (in June)who is also a huge Pats fan!! :)

    ReplyDelete