Thursday, December 1, 2016

DAY 1 OF A 'SECRET' ADVENT CALENDAR

Hello again friends. As some of you know, I love putting advent calendars together for people. I actually did 7 this year. I posted earlier 'day 1' of the Christmas Card Calendar. Now I want to share with you 'Day 1' of a special secret advent calendar for one of my nieces. 
Here it is...

It is a Monster Book of Monsters from Harry Potter. I found the idea online here at http://thenicolemichelle.blogspot.com.


The base for this 'book' is actually a storage box that I got from Michael's arts and craft years ago. I am so disappointed in myself for not taking a before picture. I cover it in faux fur that I got at Joann's. I actually used Aleene's tacky glue. 


I found these colorful googily eyes.


I cut a jagged edge on the fur all around the box both on top and bottom.


The tongue, gums and teeth were made from red and white Fimo clay that had to be baked in the oven.

How cool looking huh? Ironically, I made these just before I had to go to the dentist for a crown. I felt a bit more BONDED with the dentist after I had just made these. (NO PUN intented.) HAHA. 
Thanks so much for looking and come back tomorrow to see more cool advent calendar gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment