Sunday, December 4, 2016

DAY 4 FROM THE 25 DAYS OF HARRY POTTER ADVENT CALENDAR

Hi folks. I want to share Day 4 of the 25 Days of Harry Potter advent calendar. Here it is...


These are floating candles like the ones in the dining hall in the movies. 


Since July, I have been saving the inner tubes from the paper towels. I then painted them gray. Next, I added hot glue on the top to make the 'melted candle wax'. I put 4 pin holes in the top to string fishing line (thanks to my hubby for donating it from his tackle box.). I made sure to string it inside diagonally. Then I popped in tea lights from the dollar store. The fishing line not only is to hang the candles from the ceiling but it also holds the battery operated tea lights in the tops of the tubes. 


I was disappointed with how they came out in the light, but I am sure they will look awesome in the dark all lit up. Thanks so much for looking. Come back tomorrow for another great Harry Potter gift.


No comments:

Post a Comment